Proverbs 3: King James Bible
Acknowledging the Lord – Daily Devotion of Proverbs chapter three, Verse 6
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Daily Inspiration from These Verses
There’s no fancy wordsmanship being used in the verse above. Do we acknowledge the Father in all of our ways?
This is one of those verses that is easy to remember, quote, and understand, but is much more difficult to follow through with when the rubber meets the road. When we see the word “all” being used, that can take one sentence, and turn it into a study worth volumes.
The trick to applying this verse to our lives properly, would be to first, figure out what our “ways” really are, to determine whether or not we are acknowledging the Lord through them. To help us think about that, here’s the definition we get from Dictionary.com
1. manner, mode, or fashion: a new way of looking at a matter; to reply in a polite way.
2. characteristic or habitual manner: Her way is to work quietly and never complain.
3. a method, plan, or means for attaining a goal: to find a way to reduce costs.
4. a respect or particular: The plan is defective in several ways.
5. a direction or vicinity: Look this way. We’re having a drought out our way.
6. passage or progress on a course: to make one’s way on foot; to lead the way.
When contemplating what our own personal ways are, and to figure out whether or not we’re doing right by the Lord, here are some questions that might be helpful for self examination:
- How do we view things, and does it line up with scripture?
- Do our daily habits go crosswise with what we’d want to be exposed before the eyes of God Almighty?
- When we do anything, do we do it clean, right, and as well as possible?
- What’s the direction that the sum of your life is headed?
After answering those questions, take a look at them, and see where you can find Christ Jesus as their focal point. If you can’t find the handiwork of the Lord guiding these areas, perhaps it’s time to change your ways. Perhaps, you could be heading down a wrong path in that area.
After all, this verse is given to us by the Father, to provide us a method of attaining his personal guidance through the paths of our lives. But if we decide to stay on the paths that he’s not on, then we’re on our own.
Related New Testament Scripture
Philippians 4: King James Bible
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Colossians 2: King James Bible
2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
1 John 2: King James Bible
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Nobody will ever be more qualified to judge our ways better than you. Please convict our hearts to move us out of the paths of life that you’re not on, and place us on the right paths that you’ve prepared for us. Keep us ever mindful to acknowledge you in all our ways, for all of our days. And this we ask in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Question – Acknowledging the Lord
If you’ve considered the questions above, and don’t mind answering honestly, what percentage of your day consists of ways that would be seen as acknowledging the Lord?
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 10 P.100 – Well of Life
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 11 P.120 – Desires and Expectations
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 8 P.79 – The Way of Righteousness
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 8 P.80 – From the Beginning
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 14 P.168 – Ways of Death