Proverbs 12: King James Bible
Be Established – Daily Devotion of Proverbs chapter twelve, Verse 3
3 A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
Daily Inspiration from These Verses – Be Established
What does it mean to be established in a Biblical sense? From a language sense, the meaning is below. Definition is courtesy of Dictionary.com.
verb (used with object)
1. to found, institute, build, or bring into being on a firm or stable basis: to establish a university; to establish a medical practice.
2. to install or settle in a position, place, business, etc.: to establish one’s child in business.
3. to show to be valid or true; prove: to establish the facts of the matter.
4. to cause to be accepted or recognized: to establish a custom; She established herself as a leading surgeon.
5. to bring about permanently: to establish order.
6. to enact, appoint, or ordain for permanence, as a law; fix unalterably.
We can use this with a number of different objects of Biblical significance, just fill in the blank. Be established in ______.
We could add faith, sound doctrine, confidence, our walk, righteousness, well doing, the Word, etc.. But there’s a requirement necessary, relating to establishing anything that must be set first.
Nothing becomes established, without first insuring that it’s being built on a firm foundation. And for us, that sure foundation is “the Rock” of our salvation. That’s the Lord Jesus Christ.
Without Christ Jesus, any of the above is a fruitless venture, as it is an impossible thing to build and establish anything, on sinking sand. When the storms rage and the winds and waves begin roaring, we’re established, with our roots wrapped around the immovable Rock, The Lord Jesus.
Related New Testament Scripture
Romans 1:King James Bible
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
2 Corinthians 13: King James Bible
1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Hebrews 13: King James Bible
9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
2 Peter 1: King James Bible
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
You are our Rock, Fortress, and our Shield. It is you who have set our course before us, and have given us such a gift of salvation through your only begotten Son, Jesus. We cleave to him, and than you for him. Help us to be established in all things that please you. Teach us to build upon the Rock of our salvation, and to shun temptation to build anything that will ever matter, upon the loose sand of this world. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we pray.
Have you done your due diligence, to be established in Christ Jesus?
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 16 P. 209 – Commit thy Works
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 3 P.17 – Trust in the Lord
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 14 P.164 – Easily Understood
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 10 P.94 – The Diligent
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 15 P. 202 – Destroy and Establish