Proverbs 3: King James Bible
Life to the Soul – Daily Devotion of Proverbs chapter three, Verses 21-22
21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: 22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
Daily Inspiration from These Verses
And the benefits of sound wisdom and discretion keep piling up!
- Life unto your soul = Inner peace and joy, or perhaps the lack of all kinds of turmoil that walks hand in hand with living without wisdom and discretion (I’d also throw understanding in the mix as well).
- Grace to your neck = a great way to visualize heavily jeweled and decorated necklaces. A throwback to previous verses in this chapter, where we find wisdom and understanding to be more precious than rubies, better than the merchandise of silver and and fine gold, etc..
When light dawns on marble head, and you completely understand a problem as well as its solution, there is a path to take that is well lit, and clear. That’s the path that the Lord’s been promoting for us to stay on throughout these early chapters of the book of Proverbs.
That’s the same path which leads to living a blessed life, inside the perfect will of the Father, who’s provided a way of escape from all things that may try to cross that path. Our fuel to keep walking this walk, is provided for us by the Lord, by way of knowledge, wisdom, understanding, and discretion.
This is also another example about the deeper impact the benefit of the Father is against the shallow, here today gone tomorrow, reward that the world has to offer for it’s idea of knowledge, wisdom, understanding, and discretion (or lack thereof).
When the Lord breathes life unto our weary souls, there’s often a good sense that nothing is impossible to us who love God. Life to the Soul can make the poorest person feel rich, and place the most unfortunate person in better spiritual health than the fortunate.
Related New Testament Scripture
1 Corinthians 1: King James Bible
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1 Corinthians 2: King James Bible
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Prayer – Life to the Soul
Every day of our lives, we need your knowledge, your wisdom, your understanding, and direction to fulfill your desire for us to behave in your terms of discretion. Please lead us and cause for us to lay hold of these things wherever you’ve placed them to be found, so that we may be better servants to you, and to be children that you’d take joy in. In the name of Jesus we pray.
When you fully comprehend an issue, and have the sense of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, beginning to gel, did you notice a healthy dose of Life to the Soul?
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 5 P.42 – Pay Attention
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 15 P. 207 – Instruction of Wisdom
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 3 P.22 – A Tree of Life
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 2 P.11 – Sound Wisdom
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 7 P.61 – Protection of Wisdom