Proverbs 30: King James Bible
When Evil is Good – Daily Devotion of Proverbs chapter thirty, Verses 11-14
11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother. 12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up. 14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.
Daily Inspiration from These Verses – When Evil is Good
The four verses above don’t have much significance one at a time. But collectively they take shape as describing what appears to be a wicked and Godless generation.
Individually they’re not a very big deal in the grand scheme of things. Kind of like the signs of the times. There’s always been earthquakes, wicked people, severe weather, volcanoes, solar anomalies, political bologna, etc., that have gone on through time.
But frequency and severity are what to watch out for as it would relate to prophecy. Also a culmination of different things, instead of a lot of one item.
When evil is good, and good becomes evil, any one of the four verses can be deemed true and active. I’m confident that we agree, individual things listed in the four verses above have gone on over and over throughout the years. But add them all together, and it might get tougher to point to an entire generation that harbored these traits listed.
Traits Harbored when Evil is Good
The traits harbored when evil is good and good has become evil, are clearly laid out for us above.
- They’ll curse their father and not bless their mother. I would be willing to bet, that we would all be hard pressed to find such a time as this. Where (concerning generations) parents are as marginalized, divided, and shunned, as they’ve become today.
- They’re pure in their own eyes yet still covered with their own filth. There is only one way to become truly clean, and that’s by virtue of the Blood of the Lamb by way of salvation, and by the washing of water by the word. Being pure in their own eyes, they find no need of such things as Christ Jesus. Is this notion amping up in frequency?
- Their eyes are lofty and their eyelids lifted up. They’re better than those that aren’t like them, think the way they do, or take part in the same iniquities. They look down their nose at others in their puffed up pride, not knowing that their arrogance stinks in the nostrils of the Lord.
- Their top teeth are as swords and their bottom teeth are as knives. They devour the poor. I believe that this might be an indication of some unbelievable things to come as, it relates to a literal interpretation.Cannibalism has flourished throughout the ages in the worship of false gods, and also among the Nephilim (which are making a comeback by the way.) Don’t think for a minute that the Kingdom of Darkness is not fully active in its effort to take advantage of man in every way.A less literal sense of the verse is also demonstrably true. At least in the U.S., there are homeless folks that are swept up, and taken away. Where they go is anyone’s guess. Some are brought to designated areas for these people to dwell, others go missing or become unaccounted for.Population control is a specialty of the people these verses are describing. Remove the unsightly and cull out the useless. Eugenics comes to mind as does abortion.
When evil is good, any moral fabric is deemed hate, and the oracles of God are deemed as an abomination. It’s an abomination in the eyes of the wicked to depart from evil.
Every generation that has neared it’s end thinks the following generation are a bunch of nutcases. And comparatively speaking, they’ve been right. One generation increasing in wickedness after the next.
Everything is increasing in frequency and severity, and the Word of God is being shunned, dumped on, tactically lied about, removed, and there are actions taking place right now to deem the Bible illegal. It’s on folks, this is where we’re at.
When evil is good and good evil, the just, upright, and the righteous need to be all the more wise as serpents, innocent as doves, and get the Word of the Lord in hand and in heart as much as possible.
Nothing good has ever become of a nation that has officially decided to starve itself of the Word of God. If the Word of the Lord is the truth, and the truth makes us free, what happens when that truth is removed because it doesn’t fit the lifestyles of those who oppose it? Opposite of free.
Related New Testament Scripture
Matthew 24: King James Bible
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Romans 12: King James Bible
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Ephesians 5: King James Bible
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
1 Peter 2: King James Bible
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
1 Peter 3: King James Bible
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
Revelation 12: King James Bible
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Thank you for your Word, your lessons, and your truth. Teach us fully Father, how you would like for us to proceed in such a world as this, that takes delight in wickedness and exalts that which is evil. Teach us to be as effective as possible against the wickedness of this world, and to spread your Kingdom everywhere we go, and in all that we do. Above all things, may your will be done on the earth as it is done in Heaven. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we pray.
If you’re shaky in faith, how will you stand when evil is good?
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 20 P. 295 – A Wise King
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 21 P. 305 – A Wicked Soul
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 29 P. 474 – Oil and Water
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 15 P. 205 – Heart of the Righteous
- Daily Inspiration from Proverbs 20 P. 297 – The Way of Kings